About Dis/Prove God
A note from Ian McKenzie
Since I was a child, I have been an atheist. In my explorations of the Curious Markings, I have experienced something that I can only assume is God. That being said, I am still skeptical. Dis/Prove God is an attempt to make believers question their belief, and to prove the possibility of God to skeptics.
How It Works
The concept of the app is based on a story a friend of mine once told me. One day, he asked God, if It exists, to show him a sign of Its existence. What transpired that day was a series of events that all seemed to be crafted in a way to get him to an end result. That result was stumbling into a woman. He knew she was the sign. He said,
"This is going to sound absolutely crazy, but I think you're my sign."
She replied with tears in her eyes,
"You're my sign, too."
It turned out she had asked God for a sign earlier that day. This could have been a fluke, so my app adds a verification key.
- Sign up to participate in the experiment.
- Enter a secret word to your account.
- Ask God to give you a sign of it's existence.
- Wait for your sign to appear.
- If your sign appears, open Dis/Prove God and ask the sign if your secret word or the number on screen has any personal significance* to them.
- If the number has personal significance, evidence of God's existence has been shown. If it has no significance, the experiment has failed.
*Don't ask why it's meaningful, because it could be something private like a bank PIN or the date of the death of their stillborn.
The results of this experiment will be published as soon as enough data is gathered. It may happen in a few months, or it may take several years. It all depends on how quickly I can get people to participate.Get Started